Thursday 26 January 2017

Covered in Wax - altered books (and Creativeworld invitation!)

Hi there my creative souls!
I've just got home from Phoenix show - Creativation - and oh boy, this was a ride! We've started early with classes and Art Venture to finally set up our new booth on Friday and meet our lovely visitors on Saturday morning... this and a lot more you can see on our Instagram accounts: mine, Prima and Prima- Mixedmedia - check us out!

Today I'm getting ready for the next show - Creativeworld in Frankfurt, so those of you who are coming - please visit me there! Here you can see my demo schedule - visit us at Notions Marketing booth!

And as a treat, I've got 2 samples I've created for this show using mostly 1 product - my new Art Alchemy Waxes. They are simply amazing and luscious: sparkly, metallic and iridescent, even with antiquing, brown undertone - all that packed in a cute, metal tin similar to lip balm... oh wait, did I mention they smell nice too? You have to check it out!

 Her is the combination of Art Basics Heavy Black Gesso over texture made with stencil and Modeling Paste - and with a pretty modest (!) composition with just a bit Art Pebbles and Mechanicals. Can you see these lovely colours?
As you can see Waxes are able to create beautiful, soft layers of colour revealing the beauty of the texture in the same time! And when applied with fingers, they are just perfect for highlights - it is so simple! You want to learn more? Check my tutorial videos here!

I have to admit I just love those cold, deep ocean-inspired colours. A touch of glass glitter makes the project special too!

I couldn't resist and I had to add some seashells I collected this Summer during my short vacation in Ireland. As always, Art Basics Heavy Body Gel worked miracles... all my embellishments and findings stay safely on the book cover!
I hope you feel inspired - and you will keep watching me and my travels online. All the new products will be shipping any moment now, so please keep your eyes opened!
Expect some more Facebook Live videos from Creativeworld too - I'll do my best to share as much as possible!

See you soon - keep your fingers crossed for me, please!
huge hugs!





6 comments:

Helen said...

really enjoyed seeing the videos from Phoenix! Love the journal covers, they look fantastic, especially the second one, love the colour.

Dunja Trautmann said...

Ohh these are masterpieces as every time Anna :) I love your two samples and will see them live in Frankfurt. I can't wait to meet you <3
Safe Travels and welcome to Germany :)

Hugs, Dunja

Unknown said...

Fabbylous Wonderous work as usual Anna.xx

DD Wilson said...

On your first journal,the brownish/rust one, what stencil did you use? The crackle one? Or???? Also when I was at Art Venture in Phoenix, your demo blue denim journal had a "circle/bubble stencil as part of the background, although we did not use that in class. Is it available? If so, what is it called?
Thanks you for any info, loved the class and the journal is the only one I completed entirely in two days.

mamablitger said...

Anna I'm just crazy about your book covers. They are AMAZING... These rich colors and your choice of embellishment items makes them outstanding.... Something extraordinary... I wish I could join one of your courses... But for now I enjoy so much all what you share here and on You Tube. Thank you so much for all you share. It's a blessing to follow you and soak inspiration.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

DD Wilson said...

Having just returned from your work shop in Phoenix, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your class. I do have a question. On your demo journal, you use a circle stencil, however in class we did not. Is it available? Also in this journal above, the dark brown and rust one, you are using another wonderful stencil for background. Is it the "crackle"one?
Hope to hear from you , thanks for a wonderful class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...