Monday 7 March 2016

Shake Things Up!

Hello Reader Friends!
New season, new week, new interesting art eperience! This time from our lovely Denisa who decided to reach outside her comfort zone . We hope this post will give you an impulse to do the same! :)


Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone when creating? Well, this time I have.
You know, my style is anything but clean and simple. That´s why I have decided to make a change and do something different. Not sure whether it was a mistake or not, but at least I´ve tried. :)

Here´s what I created - a tiny wooden picture.


In my stash I had an old flat shadow box. I covered it with White Gesso, let it dry and did some random stamping in black on its sides.


Next I cut out a piece of paper to cover the front of the pic. I applied White Gesso on it using a silicone brush and let it dry.


Next I mixed up Soft Gloss Gel with tea to make a glaze. I applied it on the paper, let it dry and glued some paper tea bags bits on it. I also did some sewing in black around the tea bag.


I treated metal clock parts with fabulous Ruste Paste and Copper Micro Beads and let it dry.
I stamped the paper with black Archival ink. Then I glued the paper on the shadow box.
I attached the rusty metal parts and new Melange Art Pebbles, red wire and a tiny Mechanicals Tin Heartie.
I also did some shadowing with Gelatos. As the final touch I splashed a bit of red ink on top and inked the edges.


And now´s the moment to make a decision... was it a failure or not? Still don´t know.
What do you think? No matter what, I learned a lot!



Hoping not to have scared you out to try out something new and unexpected.
Happy creating!
Denisa

Products used:


2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Denisa,
I love your wooden piece - the rusty elements, wire, bubble and paper - and a few red splashes - it's simple and perfect.

Tsaima Eirini said...

Super awesome piece of art!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...