Friday 3 July 2015

'Dream On' mini canvas by Marta Lapkowska

Hi everyone,
Just before the weekend we have mini art for you.
Magic, fairy and black gesso!?
Are you looking for black gesso inspiration?
Check out this wonderful mini canvas! Texture and rich colour for all mixed media fans.




Hello my crafty friends,
I am so happy to be back to you.
I have some mini art today, mini canvas.
Can you believe that I used black gesso for the first time ever? Yes, first time. For long I felt intimidated by black gesso and I don't know why.I am used to white gesso with nearly every project but never black one :)


I felt that it's time to experiment with black gesso. I used my favourite wooden bits. You will find those on the back of your brand new canvas. For some reason I was always collecting them without knowing when and how I am gonna use them.


I concentrated on creating as much texture as I can by using wooden bit, thread and white crakle paste. I coloured my piece using many shades of silks. Finally I add cut out photos and title.


 
You can see the whole creative process in my video.
I hope you will enjoy it and find some inspiration.
So grab some canvas, paints and enjoy, happy creating!




Products from Mixed Media Place:

Love, Marta

12 comments:

Tamikko said...

love this one Marta! I love the depth and the magical hints of colour here and there

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Beautiful and magical...love the colors and I always learn so much from your tutorials!Thank you!

Елена Смоктунова said...

Amazing Marta! Thank you for inspiration!

Nancy said...

I love this Marta!! I have this stamp and I am so ready to use it thanks to you!!!!☺️☺️☺️

Ruth said...

So beautiful, the colours and use of thread creates so many layers. Gorgeous! Ruth x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous project Marta!! Love what you did with those wooden pieces and the twine and the effect of both the black and the white gesso on top of the silks, looks super!!

Kathy Bradley said...

So very gorgeous. The colors are so very lovely and the fairy darling. The video was wonderful.

Cat Kerr said...

Beautiful. You've inspired me to give black Gesso a try.

Asas à imaginação said...

Eu adorei esta mini-tela....verdadeiro sonho, Marta!!!
Obrigada pelo vídeo!
Abraços do Brasil,
Marlei

Anonymous said...

Marta, gorgeous canvas. Thanks for sharing the idea of using black gesso.

sara j said...

I am just in love with this little piece....what a fabulous home you have created for the fairy. Beautiful

Unknown said...

Truly beautiful and enchanting. I am curious about where you found that very special fairy graphic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...