Wednesday 5 March 2014

Welcome to my Mechanical Garden

Hi, everyone!
I guess you know me by now, I love the concept of combining things that may not seemingly go together too well. ;)
I incorporate all sorts of "improbable" items in my collages and I love seeing how they create completely new worlds.
Mixing elegant and industrial, delicate feminine textures with harsh metal accents.
That's also the case with my cards - metal and delicate lace? Why not?!!! ;)

For this card I decided to create a "botanical" feel and played with a delicate color palette, countless layers and dimension.
You can read more about it on Sizzix blog.


And I'm very happy to say that March 15-16th I will be teaching a Mechanical Garden class in Stockholm!
We'll be having fun with layers, mediums and many great techniques to create some home decor and cards similar to this one. Can't wait to see you there!



Cards and tags are such magical little beings... ;)



They make perfect little gifts and when they're hand-made, it is even more special...




Cards and tags are a very special way to say thank you, send our feelings to people we love even without a special occasion...



I strongly believe that each card contains a piece of the personality of the person who made it – that makes them so unique and special.



Some of the materials I used are obiously Sizzix dies, embellishments from my Mechanicals collection, Prima flowers (that never fail!), papers from Vintage Vanity collection,lots and lots of 3D foam to create dimension and delicate lace, twine and thread as subtle details.

I hope I managed to encourage you to create some small gifts like that for your loved ones or...for yourselves. I'm sure you deserve a treat! ;)
Lots of love


13 comments:

Rita said...

Fabulous post Anna. I love all your new pieces of art that youv'e shown. the colours are lovely. Enjoy your time in Stockholm. Hugs Rita xxx

LizzyBme said...

WoW I love these. Can not wait to build my stock pile enough to be able to do this. I am just starting out so supplies are limited.

Anneke said...

These projects are just gorgeous. Really love the look of them.
Love there colors too. Thanks for sharing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Handmade By Doris said...

Przepiękne prace! Zachwyca mnie w nich mnogość warstw i detali.To istne mistrzostwo :)

Katia said...

is amazing!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gee these are beautiful! Haven't been around for a while....pure magic happening here as always!!!

Lady E said...

Cudeńka. Pierwsza kartka boska, tyle się na nich dzieje :)
pozdrawiam :)

Ella Swan said...

Awesome cards & tags! As always!!

Jadwiga said...

Super prace- mnóstwo detali i warstw nadaje im tajemniczości. Ach... mieć choć jedną Twoją pracę w swych zbiorach... Pozdrawiam

Words and Pictures said...

All such stunning creations - I think that last tag may be my absolute favourite, but it's very hard to choose! Thank you for another amazing post full of inspiration.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art & wonderful inspiration!
Have fun in Stockholm!
Alison xxx

Thuria said...

oh, you are so talentuous!! and what a traveller too! lol!

La Vikinga said...

So; you are not a card maker! Well; I love these cards and I loved making them with you this Saturday in Stockholm! You are always welcome back!!!

Charlotta / La Vikinga

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...